XV Edition of the José Antonio García Domínguez Awards
Spanish Society of Chromatography and Related Techniques (SECyTA)
The XV edition of the José Antonio García Domínguez Awards aims to recognize the scientific value of communications in the field of Chromatography and Related Techniques. Such communications can be either oral presentations or posters presented by young researchers at the 1st Iberian Meeting in Separation Science & Mass Spectrometry, to be held on October 8 – 11 2019 in Santiago de Compostela.
These awards are in honour of the memory of Prof. José Antonio García Domínguez, researcher of the Institute of Chemical-Physics Rocasolano from CSIC, pioneer in gas chromatography in Spain and one of the founding members of the Group of Chromatography and Related Techniques (GCTA, currently known as SECyTA).
In this edition, the awards will consist of the following prizes:
- Prize for the best oral communication (800€).
- Prize for the second best oral communication (600€).
- Prize for the best poster (400€).
- Prize for the second best poster (300€).
The terms of the José Antonio García Domínguez Awards are the following:
- The awards are aimed to young researchers (Bachelor and PhD) who are currently members of SECyTA. The Organizing Committee considers young researchers those who are conducting their doctoral thesis or developing a research work and who have obtained their Bachelor degree less than 6 years ago, or who have defended their Master Thesis or equivalent less than 5 years ago. For PhD young researchers, the Organizing Committee understands those who have obtained their PhD 5 years ago maximum.
- Young researchers who have previously received the José Antonio García Domínguez Award in the same category in one of the last two editions will not be eligible for the XV Edition.
- The jury will consist of members of the Scientific Committee. The Organizing Committee might ask for information from experts on specific topics if needed.
- All communications submitted for award qualification, either oral communications or posters have to be presented in English.
- The winning communications will be selected from all those presented at the 1st Iberian Meeting in Separation Science & Mass Spectrometry.
- The winning communications will be announced at the Closing Ceremony of the 1st Iberian Meeting in Separation Science & Mass Spectrometry, which will be held on October 11, 2019.
For additional information, contact the Secretariat of SECyTA:
Dr. Juan Vicente Sancho Llopis
Secretary of SECyTA